This services disclosure outlines the policy of this office to work on the below listed agency relationships with buyers and sellers. This company does not offer nor accept sub agency on any listing.
Alabama law requires the consumer to be informed about the types of services which real estate licensees may perform. The purpose of this disclosure is to give a summary of these services.
A SINGLE AGENT is a licensee who represents only one party in a sale. That is, a single agent represents his or her client. The client may be either the seller or the buyer. A single agent must be completely loyal and faithful to the client.
A LIMITED CONSENSUAL DUAL AGENT is a licensee for both the buyer and the seller. This may only be done with the written, informed consent of all parties. This type of agent must also be loyal and faithful to the client, except where the duties owed to the clients conflict with one another.
A TRANSACTION BROKER assists one or more parties, who are customers, in a sale. A transaction broker is not an agent and does not perform the same services as an agent.
Alabama law imposes the following obligations on all real estate licenses to all parties, no matter their relationship:
- To provide services honestly and in good faith;
- To exercise reasonable care and skill;
- To keep confidential any information gained in confidence, unless disclosure is required by law or duty to a client, the information becomes public knowledge, or disclosure is authorized in writing;
- Present all written offers promptly to the seller;
- Answer your questions completely and accurately.
Further, even if you are working with a licensee who is not your agent, there are many things the licensee may do to assist you. Some examples are:
- Provide information about properties;
- Show properties;
- Assist in making a written offer;
- Provide information on financing.