Putting your home on the market isn’t as simple as placing a “for sale” sign in your yard. Here are 5 things to do before listing your home for a smooth and quick transaction.
1. Hire A REALTOR®
Seek out a trusted real estate professional to earn you the maximum amount from your home’s sale. An agent will recommend the best listing price, market your home effectively and show it off to buyers. They also understand what buyers are looking for in a home.
2. Get A Home Inspection
You’ll need to disclose any problems on your property to potential buyers for the smoothest transaction. Hire a professional home inspector to identify and document issues on the property.
3. Make Repairs Ahead Of Time
A long list of necessary repairs may turn off potential buyers. Take on as many repairs as possible by yourself, then work with a trusted contractor for the rest. If you aren’t planning to make repairs ahead of time, hire a reputable professional to provide cost estimates to make it easier on the buyers.
4. Showcase Your Home
First impressions matter! Clean up the front yard and maintain the landscape to boost your home’s curb appeal. Keep the inside of the home clutter-free to maximize living space.
5. Price It Right
If you price your home too high, it may take significantly longer to sell while buyers look for other options. However, if you price your home to low initially, it may sell quickly, but you may miss out on extra money. Your real estate professional can help you set the perfect price right off the bat.
Making Your Home More Attractive To Buyers
- Keep it clean and tidy by eliminating clutter and keeping surfaces and floors spotless.
- Maintain a beautiful yard with proper landscaping and cleaning.
- Let more light into your home by playing with curtains and blinds, keeping the shades open and favoring warmer light bulbs.
- Touch up the little things like old doorknobs, cabinet handles and light switches.